Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What does a Locality Team do?

(6 Posts)
AGenie Tue 09-Aug-16 22:31:38

Hi,

I wondered if anybody might be able to tell me what a Locality Team does?

We have been referred to one following a visit to a pediatrician. My ds (6) gets a lot of viruses which tend to last a long time. I do too, and the ped said maybe he was learning my coping strategies in illness and was consequently taking longer to recover than he might otherwise. She says she is hoping that someone can teach us better "recovery skills". She said that she herself did not really know what a Locality Team does, but hoped that they might help.

We've also to have ds checked for anaemia, and we've to see the GP on day 5 of each illness in case there is something physiological going on that is keeping him from getting better faster.

For context, ds and I also have trouble with food intolerances, which goes back about 5 generations or more, and ds has had his adenoids out twice before the age of 3. We lost epic amounts of sleep over his first four years, due to obstructive apnoea. Ds gets very tired during the school year and the tiredness always precedes the illness.

I just wondered if anybody here might know what a Locality Team usually does. It would be great to know what we should do expect when we're contacted and how we can make the most productive use of their time, iykwim.

Thanks!

Out2pasture Wed 10-Aug-16 00:58:22

a quick google gives this;
www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/info/20076/children_and_families_practitioners_and_providers_information/370/providing_children_and_families_services/2

AGenie Wed 10-Aug-16 05:51:08

Thanks, yes, but I thought there might be someone from such a team on the group who could give me a better idea.

merlottime Wed 10-Aug-16 07:44:07

Try posting in Health rather than Primary Education as the people you want to answer may not hang out here?

AGenie Wed 10-Aug-16 08:48:41

I think they definitely are here because I had some really useful comments from a welfare officer on this section before.

KatherineMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 11-Aug-16 14:54:26

Hi folks,

We will move this to health, as suggested. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now