Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Running injury

(3 Posts)
Thenightswatch Tue 09-Aug-16 15:14:09

I need some help sad

I've recently started running, all was fine for the first couple of days, I was taking it easy, taking my time and not straining myself too much, but a few days in I tried to push myself a bit further and now I'm really regretting it.

The outside of my left foot is agony when I walk, it's been a week since I last went running, I thought it just needed rest but a week later it's getting so much worse, the pain is making me feel sick, it's completely fine with no pain while I'm resting but as soon as I start to walk it really hurts, anyone with any experience know what it could be? Will more rest heal it or do I need to be off to the doctors?

FaithAscending Wed 10-Aug-16 20:44:46

I had similar. I went to the doctors because I'm on my feet for hours with work. A physio fixed me, reckoned I managed to interlock my metatarsals! A bit of ultrasound and physio and it settled down quite quickly.

crayfish Wed 10-Aug-16 20:48:25

I have an ongoing problem with a 'dropped' metatarsal on my left foot and the symptoms are very much as you describe - severe pain on the outside of my foot, sort of running along the outside edge if you know what I mean.

I've got lots of other issues (hypermobility being the main one) so got orthotics made for my trainers and am still able to run. The pain is sometimes there but it's manageable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now