Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I have a new filling and it's annoying me

(5 Posts)
BlackAmericanoNoSugar Sun 07-Aug-16 22:29:58

It's on one of my front bottom teeth. My bite is wrong and the top of the tooth had worn down over time, not a lot but enough to look out of line. The dentist put a filling on the top of the tooth and it felt ok-ish at the time, but it has been low-level annoying ever since (5 days now). Should I give it more time or get the dentist to lower the filling a bit? It didn't bother me at all in the original worn-down state.

stopfuckingshoutingatme Sun 07-Aug-16 22:47:21

Won't it wear back down eventually ? I know it's so off putting isn't it

MaisieDotes Sun 07-Aug-16 22:49:15

You shouldn't notice it in a day or two. I have a filling that needs to be replaced every couple of years and I have this problem every time, but it passes quickly.

BlackAmericanoNoSugar Sun 07-Aug-16 22:51:01

I don't know if fillings wear in the same way that tooth enamel does. I suspect it will just fall off in a chunk every so often.

BlackAmericanoNoSugar Sun 07-Aug-16 23:00:28

I've only ever had fillings in my molars before and they usually settle in the first day or two. I'm going away soon, so perhaps I might give it until school goes back and then make an appointment if it's still bothering me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now