Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Headache after eating pizza?!

(11 Posts)
FuzzyLittleBumbleBee Sun 07-Aug-16 18:40:32

Is this a thing? Does anyone else get a headache from eating pizza?

Not sure if it's a coincidence but I've noticed the last few times I've eaten pizza I've gotten a terrible headache about an hour after confused

CwtchMeQuick Sun 07-Aug-16 18:42:54

No idea if it's a thing but I went through a phase of throwing up whenever I ate pizza. It seems to have passed now but for about 2-3 months if I so much as had a slice of pizza I'd throw up an hour later confused

TyneTeas Sun 07-Aug-16 18:44:32

May well be the cheese

paddypants13 Sun 07-Aug-16 18:45:29

I am prone to headaches and sometimes get one after eating foods with very strong flavours like onion, garlic or chili.

Could it be that?

overthehillandroundthemountain Sun 07-Aug-16 18:47:33

You too?! I wrote about this last week! Do a search and see the thread. We decided it's prob an allergy to processed cheese. I got it earlier this week with some cheesy cracker things, too. Ouch!

FuzzyLittleBumbleBee Sun 07-Aug-16 18:48:06

I eat a lot of strong spicy foods, curries etc and never seem to have an issue then so I don't think it's that. Maybe it's the cheese then...although I've never noticed it when I eat cheese in anything else. Really odd confused

FuzzyLittleBumbleBee Sun 07-Aug-16 18:50:21

Overthehill I missed the thread will have to have a look for it. So do you think it's just processed cheese rather than fresh cheese like mozzarella? I've never noticed it before, it's only happened the last few times which is why I though it might just be coincidence but maybe not!

overthehillandroundthemountain Sun 07-Aug-16 18:53:02

Me too! I was very surprised - can eat cheddar, feta, mozzarella, halloumi, etc. but pizzas give me real blinders over my left eye, like sinusitis. Must be done thing to go with processed (rather than fresh) cheese.

I, too, am fine with curries, chillies, etc. But have recently developed a tingling against some fruits and walnuts. I don't think they are related, though.

overthehillandroundthemountain Sun 07-Aug-16 18:54:37

Sorry, crossed posts! Yes pretty sure it's about processed or powdered cheese. Sad, as I really enjoy eating pizzas 'out'! I'm going to try a cheese-free one next time to see if it's better.

milpool Sun 07-Aug-16 18:58:04

I get headaches with black olives. Could it be that maybe? Is it always the same type of pizza?

FuzzyLittleBumbleBee Sun 07-Aug-16 19:09:24

Hmmm how odd. I eat a lot of halloumi, fresh mozzarella etc so must just be processed cheese that's on pizza.

I don't eat olives so not that. Although, I do always tend to get the same type of pizza (spicy veggie) so thinking about it now it could possibly be the jalapeños as I don't tend to eat them otherwise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now