Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can someone come and talk to me about adenoids?

(5 Posts)
GastonsPomPomWrath Wed 03-Aug-16 11:36:44

To start off with this is a husband health problem not a child.

When he was little, he had his tonsils and adenoids removed. It was recommended because he had terrible glue ear and wasn't able to hear well. He also had 2 sets of grommets, both fell out after a year or so.

3 years ago ish, he had to have a routine hearing test for work. The results showed significant hearing loss in both ears but specifically the right ear. Anyway, he had a third set of grommets, which again came out after about 6 months.

After that he was referred back to ENT and given hearing aids for both ears. That was last year. He hasn't coped with the hearing aids very well. They do help he says but he finds them horrendous at work in a very loud factory.

Today he had a follow up. The doctor was concerned that his adenoids have grown back and in his words 'are extremely big. Abnormally so'. They want him to have a CT scan and another operation to remove them. The doctor said that that level of regrowth is unusual and there will need to be a biopsy done on them.

Any experiences or advice would be great. Obviously husband has started to flap now given that the doctor has insinuated the regrowth is down to something sinister.

GastonsPomPomWrath Wed 03-Aug-16 12:03:44

Hopeful bump.

GastonsPomPomWrath Thu 04-Aug-16 17:46:05

Anyone? blush

GentlyGentlyOhDear Fri 05-Aug-16 06:55:16

Sorry no experience, but bumping the thread for you!

Charlieismydarlin Fri 05-Aug-16 06:58:41

Take him off dairy products for a trial. Completely off.

My daughter had awful glue ear/snoring adenoids etc. I went dairy free and bingo - all gone. You often have to avoid soya too.

Of course, medical professionals tell you there is no evidence dairy free works. But it's worth a shot as it changed my daughter's life.

I give her butter now and sheep cheese or yoghurt but zero cow's milk to drink. If she has ice cream (at a party etc) she snores all night.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now