Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Lumpy arm after injury

(7 Posts)
Kreeshsheesh Tue 02-Aug-16 21:34:25

About 3 weeks ago, whilst on holiday abroad, I severely bruised my upper arm. I had stupidly decided to try and use the pull up bars in the outdoor gym play area and I learned my lesson when I slipped and my arm / bicep crashed down onto the metal bar with the full force of my weight behind it. At the time, it swelled up into a large lump, then settled back down over a few days into an almighty bruise from just below my arm pit to the inside elbow. It did ache for a while and my wrist still hurts a bit. However, I didn't think it was worth troubling a GP about, figuring it was just going to take time to heal. I've noticed recently, however, that the muscle is lumpy, as if there were little nodules on it. I didn't touch it before because of the bruise. The other arm muscle is smooth by comparison. Does anyone know if this is normal and if I need to see a doctor?

trixymalixy Tue 02-Aug-16 21:40:44

I once crashed my bike into a road sign. I had a massive lump on my arm and everyone thought it was broken. It wasn't. It took a long time for the lump to go down.

I also had a skiing injury that was a big lump on my arm. It took a loong time to go away, over a year.

So I think it sounds normal, however you should really go and check it out.

Kreeshsheesh Tue 02-Aug-16 21:46:31

Thanks for the response Trix. The lump itself went down quite quickly, it's more the lumpiness of my arm muscle that's bothering me. I guess I must have injured it internally. I just wondered if that lumpy bumpy texture was normal. I hate going to gp for stuff unless necessary. Plus I usually end up being referred to the hospital when I do go! sad

trixymalixy Tue 02-Aug-16 21:57:25

Can you put weight on it?

Kreeshsheesh Tue 02-Aug-16 22:01:10

I can use my arm to lift stuff (though not if it is too heavy - it hurts then) If I lean on my hand to take my weight on that side, my wrist hurts.

twoshineyshoesahhaeyetoeye Tue 02-Aug-16 22:17:14

I have developed the same thing in the last month, just went to doctors yesterday as was in a serious way a few months back and was wondering if it was linked. Anyway she could not tell me what it was and mentioned as i had recently been very ill and had a lot of iv canulas put in my arms that it could be something to do with that. Any way i googled and it looks like its called thrombophlebetis..an inflamation of the viens just below the skin. Then I remembered that a hard box fell of a shelf and hit my arm... and around that area is the 3 nodules... so to me Its wither the injury or the canulas...should go within weeks... oh I hope so..hope this helps.

Kreeshsheesh Wed 03-Aug-16 09:15:34

Thanks Twoshiney. I hope you're feeling much better now. I may just go and ask about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now