Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Insect repellant for very sensitive skin?

(6 Posts)
BarbequeBetty Tue 02-Aug-16 08:06:31

Apparently I am delicious grin 🐝
I've found traditional insect repellants irritate my skin though.
Anyone found anything that works on very sensitive skin?

LifeIsGoodish Tue 02-Aug-16 08:22:45

Me, too! Also have skin allergies that may have been triggered by conventional index repellent. I now use Arnywear. It's brilliant. I simply do not get bitten when I use it. And I do not react to it!

BarbequeBetty Tue 02-Aug-16 10:54:21

Thanks LifeIsGoodish! I'll try that smile

Crinklesc Wed 03-Aug-16 19:16:44

Try this, it's good stuff and really nice on the skin www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0084E8E3O/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1470248163&sr=8-1&keywords=trek+sensitive&pi=SY200_QL40

BarbequeBetty Wed 03-Aug-16 21:37:04

Thanks Crinklesc - that looks more like what I need (previous poster linked to clothes but I need stuff for out and about, might try yours)

rainbowdrops87 Wed 03-Aug-16 21:54:09

I can very easily come out in a rash with these things but I use jungle formula the highest at number 5...I put a little spray on my wrist and ankles and (touch wood) the little beasts leave me along....just got to watch your clothes with it so a "spay and walk through" is the best bet....hope u get sorted

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now