Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

paracetomol toxicity alcoholic

(8 Posts)
magicaltoaster Thu 28-Jul-16 12:39:42

Is there anyone who knows about paracetomol toxicity please? I am an alcoholic who stupidly took 2 paracetamol a few hours ago, i am really panicking now because ive looked on the internet and it says that this can be toxic and fatal. what should i do? im panicking now, is it worth ringing 111, dont want to waste their time. Please advise.

Dakota1 Thu 28-Jul-16 13:23:02

Do you feel any discomfort (apart from stressing out)?

Felascloak Thu 28-Jul-16 13:26:36

I would call your gp and ask them. Paracetamol and alcohol is generally not a good idea but I have no idea about dosages and I don't think you should be asking internet ran some.
Dakota paracetamol liver damage takes a couple of days to show up which is why paracetamol overdoses are so scary - people don't seek medical advice until its too late.

Felascloak Thu 28-Jul-16 13:27:06

*randoms

AnchorDownDeepBreath Thu 28-Jul-16 13:27:55

It's going to depend a lot on how much you've drank recently and how much paracetamol you've taken. Call 111 with that information. All the best.

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Thu 28-Jul-16 13:29:36

Ring 111 and discuss it with them, you're not wasting anyone's time. Hope you're ok flowers

reallyanotherone Thu 28-Jul-16 13:30:18

You're within the normal safe daily dose so it will be fine.

111 might not be a bad idea to reassure yourself, and talk through things?

magicaltoaster Fri 29-Jul-16 16:26:54

Thanks everyone.. I didnt ring them, im hoping will be Ok. drank yesterday, but not today so far, feeling crap but hopefully no lasting damage :/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now