Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

brown discharge after period

(2 Posts)
willowtreeonfire Thu 28-Jul-16 09:35:27

Hi everybody,

My period is usually quite regular and lasts about 6-7 days. For the past few months, about 2 - 3 days after the bleeding stopped I have had a brown discharge (looks like old blood). The discharge is not heavy (there isn't much of it - it has just come out when I've gone to the loo or I have seen it in my knickers, but I don't need to use a panty liner or anything with it. The discharge "comes out" once and then has stopped. There is no more dark discharge, bleeding or spotting for the rest of the month and I have no bleeding after intercourse.

I was just wondering if this is normal (ie if any of you get this)? I'm really worried about it (I have HA) and I had an appointment with a doctor this morning, which I hoped would put my mind at rest, but, because he is a man, he just said I don't know you need to get checked out by a female doctor. So now I'm even more worried as he didn't know if it was normal or not and have to wait for another appointment with a female doctor.

VestalVirgin Thu 28-Jul-16 11:10:18

This happens to me occasionally. I am still alive, so I suppose it is not too dangerous. Definitely not a symptom of STD, because I am not at risk for that - as my user name indicates.

If you get a professional opinion on it, please let me know. I would feel better to know for sure that it's harmless.

I think you should see a gynecologist, not just a female doctor with any random area of expertise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now