Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Any gynaecologists about?

(10 Posts)
thinkingaboutfostering Wed 27-Jul-16 17:37:27

I'm 25. I have had prolonged periods of virtually non stop bleeding for about 2 years. Saw gynaecologist in March who ordered a hysteroscopy and put me on provera tablets (one 10mg tablet per day) with no breaks to try and get things under control. Initially provera was working but after about 8 weeks i started to bleed again relatively lightly. Duty gp told me to up the provera does and take one morning and night till bleeding was under control. This worked but now I'm getting increasingly heavy bleeds every couple of weeks. Each time it's heavier and takes longer and longer to get under control and I'm now almost constantly in quite a lot of pain and despite naproxen and cocodamol it is still really bad. The last few weeks my lower belly has also gone much harder. Im significantly overweight but Can only push fingers about 2cm into belly now. I'm constantly waking up in the night to go to the loo. I now also have a lump come up in my arm pit which isn't painful but noticeable.
My hysteroscopy was cancelled due to the strikes but never rearranged despite my constant requests to gp. I have tried ringing the gynaecology department at hospital but was told I had to go through gp. Getting anxious now as endometrial cancer was mentioned as the gynaecologists reasoning for doing a hysteroscopy.

Has anyone experienced anything similar. I can't get another appointment with gp till middle of next month!

thinkingaboutfostering Wed 27-Jul-16 20:06:52

Bumping

Pestilence13610 Wed 27-Jul-16 20:13:40

I'd throw a bit of a wobbly and demand an emergency appointment. Call 111 they can sometimes encourage your GP to give an appointment.That sounds an awful collection of symptoms. flowers

thinkingaboutfostering Wed 27-Jul-16 20:39:07

I tried that today. Receptionist wouldn't budge. Despite not being clinically trained she decided that I wasn't considered urgent!

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Wed 27-Jul-16 22:56:09

I would phone tomorrow and ask to speak to the practice manager and your doctors, you need to see someone now.
Endometrial cancer is very rare in your age group, but obviously it has to be ruled out and the hysterscopy is what is needed for that.

redannie118 Thu 28-Jul-16 15:42:19

Dont mean to scare you op but almost exactly the same thing happened to my 30 yr old sister. She lost so much blood her hair fell out and she could not get out of bed. My mum took her to A&E and told a (unsympathetic)doc she would camp out in the waiting room till she got a proper scan. They did and she had uterine cancer. Please please kick up fuss (or take someone who can ,we all know someone like that !!)good luck op x

thinkingaboutfostering Thu 28-Jul-16 23:15:39

Thanks. Saw GP today who has changed my meds. Wasn't interested in most of my symptoms but has chased my referral to the hospital.

Pestilence13610 Thu 28-Jul-16 23:31:55

Well done for getting the appointment today. Hope the hospital one comes through fairly quickly.

Artoflife97 Sat 30-Jul-16 19:49:48

Please demand to get tested for von willebrands before you do anything else.

thinkingaboutfostering Sun 31-Jul-16 11:46:05

Thanks everyone. Just looked up von willebrands and doesn't really fit my symptoms but will mention it to GP.
Struggling with pain a lot at the minute. Painkillers barely touching it right now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now