Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I'm tired all the time, any suggestions on how to perk me up?

(6 Posts)
Karcheer Wed 27-Jul-16 16:37:14

Four years ago I gave up a very stressful, lots of work travel, long hours job. I was partying a lot, exercising a lot, suffered a lot from insomnia, definitely burning the candle at both ends, but I was far more alive, awake and full of life.

Currently I don't work, I've a slower pass of life, walk dogs etc. I am having a very large extension done that's over budget and way over its planned end date with little sign of completing anytime soon. I sleep ok (better than before), but I'm so, so tired all of the time. I find it hard to do anything, tiredness or can't be botheredness.

Four years ago I felt 28 (I was 38), now I feel 62 or even 72..

What can I do to get my mojo back?

Thank you.

PassiveAgressiveQueen Wed 27-Jul-16 17:36:20

Could it be vit D deficiancy, as aparently that is getting very common.

mummytime Wed 27-Jul-16 17:38:58

Go and see your GP to be checked incase there is a physical reason (lots of vitamin deficiencies etc.)

EssentialHummus Wed 27-Jul-16 17:40:37

I know it's a MN stereotype, but get your thyroid levels checked if you haven't yet - hypothyroidism is a very common cause of feeling like death warmed up.

GreatPointIAgreeWithYouTotally Wed 27-Jul-16 17:44:04

Do something you enjoy every day. If you don't enjoy much, see your GP in case you're depressed.

FoofFighter Wed 27-Jul-16 17:45:42

yy get your bloods tested, could be a whole range of things. Iron, VitD VitB12, Thyroid etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now