Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Desperate for a breast reduction

(4 Posts)
ConfuciousSaysWhat Sun 24-Jul-16 22:46:53

My boobs are currently in a 38F bra but have the double boob thing going on so.at a guess I'd say the bra is 2 cups too small. They keep growing every 6 weeks or so I go up another size.

I've lost a lot of weight and have gone down a couple of clothes sizes on my waist and hips which has only served in making my boobs look even more comical and absurd in their oversizedness.

My small chested mum and sister both say I should embrace it and claim to be jealous of me. However they're painful, not just the weight of them but I get frequent shooting pains in them, they are full of cysts that from time to time get infected and develop into mastitis. My neck hurts. My shoulders hurt. I'm fed up with clothes not fitting.

In short I hate them

How do I bring this up with my Dr?

McBassyPants Mon 25-Jul-16 06:24:39

Pretty much exactly like that lol

swingofthings Wed 27-Jul-16 13:01:57

In most regions, there will be criteria to get breast reduction for breast reduction and usually, it involves your BMI being under a certain level and evidence of back/shoulder pain. I think being a non smoker can also be a criteria.

You can probably google it and find the list of low priority procedures. That's of course if you are looking at NHS funding and not private.

ConfuciousSaysWhat Wed 27-Jul-16 15:40:41

Thank you both. I'm going to see my Dr tomorrow and have a chat about it. I hope they refer me but I suspect as with other surgery I need it'll be a case of "once you're menopausal" angry which in my family means mid-late 50s

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now