Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Insect bites

(5 Posts)
calisha Fri 22-Jul-16 21:30:40

I'm not sure if there's a new super race of flying biting insects this year or i just taste delicious to the little fuckers but I've got enormous really itchy insect bites everywhere

Any tips to (a) stop them biting and (b) soothe the bites?

P1nkP0ppy Fri 22-Jul-16 21:36:03

1% Hydrocortisone cream will instantly soothe the bites, I have no magic solutions to stop the fe kerbs biting, unfortunately 😖

Spam88 Sat 23-Jul-16 00:28:32

If you've got lots of them, take oral antihistimines if you can. Chlorphenamine is the best for bites, although it can cause drowsiness, so if that's an issue a non-drowsy one will do smile

Wallywobbles Sat 23-Jul-16 00:36:29

Any bites or stings. Heat something metal to 50c and press on for 3 seconds. We use a spoon in partly heated kettle water. Kills the toxins. End of problem. 100% success.

50c is about as hot as you can bear.

trinity0097 Sat 23-Jul-16 18:11:30

Hc45 from over the counter at a pharmacy was what my doctor recommended, normal creams not strong enough for me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now