Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Talk to me about piles..

(2 Posts)
DavetheCat2001 Fri 22-Jul-16 10:26:53

Yesterday Ihad my first pile experience sad. I was in the shower and got a shock when..ahem..things down and round the back didn't feel the same.

Anyway, I have a nice angry pile that I have been slathering anusol on as per the instructions (the one with the cortisone to shrink the bugger).

I just wondered if anyone could tell me roughly how long it should take for it to shrink, and does this now mean that I will get them descending again?

I managed to go through 2 V births with no hint of a pile, but after an away day with work on Wednesday where we were on inflatable boat things bouncing up and down on the sea, it seems to have made it's first appearance.

The dr suggested ice to help take the swelling down too which I tried last night. Any other tips?

Meh..I know they are extremely common, but it's really bummed me out (pardon the pun)

DavetheCat2001 Fri 22-Jul-16 10:27:29

..oh and it's more itchy than painful, although sitting down can be uncomfortable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now