Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

How long for cordosyl to work?

(7 Posts)
TheHatOfDoom Tue 19-Jul-16 10:29:41

I have my six monthly dentist and hygenist appointments the week after next. But irritatingly I seem to have developed inflammation of some sort in my gum since the end of last week. It's painful but not constantly or unbearable and when I had it a while ago I ended up seeing the dentist and getting antibiotics.

I've been using Cordosyl since Friday (although I hate the stuff, it tastes rank) and was just wondering if anyone knew how long I should give it to work before bringing my dentist appointment forward?

PollyPerky Tue 19-Jul-16 10:32:55

Phone the dentist and ask?

TheHatOfDoom Tue 19-Jul-16 10:54:55

Yeah I think I might if it's no better tomorrow. But I suspect they'll just say to go in and I don't really want to drag all the way up there in this heat (I don't drive for disability reasons and it'll take 25 mins to go there in my powerchair)

LivingInMidnight Tue 19-Jul-16 16:32:37

It takes me about a week, maybe more, for it to be gone, but it feels a bit better within a few days. You aren't using it straight after brushing are you?

bloomburger Tue 19-Jul-16 16:39:56

But some hydrogen peroxide from boots (the surgical one) dilute and gargle. Tastes worse than corsodyl but will get rid of infection far quicker.

TheHatOfDoom Tue 19-Jul-16 23:07:03

Living - no I'm using it at least a couple of hours before/after brushing.

Bloom - I see colgate do a mouthwash with hydrogen peroxide in, would that do?

bloomburger Wed 20-Jul-16 11:57:29

Yes it would but it's not as good as the real thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now