Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What the heck is wrong with my feet

(10 Posts)
dontstopmenow Mon 18-Jul-16 20:40:31

I keep getting these batches of blisters on my feet. Usually around the edges and soles. They are intensely itchy until they go dry and start going away. So, who knows what they are and what I can do with them?? Please and thank you in advance!!

BetsOriginal Mon 18-Jul-16 20:41:25

That looks like the herpes virus (cold sores).

dontstopmenow Mon 18-Jul-16 20:43:11

Really?? I've never had cold sores. I've only heard of them on faces, What shall I do with them?

neolara Mon 18-Jul-16 20:45:58

I think there is a particular kind of eczema you can get on your feet that is very itchy. Pompholyx eczema. Maybe that? I'm not medical, so may be totally wrong.

TheoriginalLEM Mon 18-Jul-16 20:46:19

i had this and it was indeed the herpes virus. Are you run down at the moment. My dr actually signed me off work for 2 weeks when i had it, despite feeling perfectly well shock

Sloachie Mon 18-Jul-16 20:46:25

Looks to me like some sort of eczema. Can't remember the name of it, but it's a certain type that only appears on palms of hands and soles of feet.
I'd get it checked by a doctor - you may need steroid cream.

Bedofwool Mon 18-Jul-16 20:46:53

It looks and sounds like pompholyx a type of eczema. I think E45 works but whenever I used to get it I just got steroids from the doctors. Are they intensely itchy - so much so you want to drag your feet across a very rough carpet?

dontstopmenow Mon 18-Jul-16 20:47:01

Hmm. It is very itchy.

Sloachie Mon 18-Jul-16 20:47:24

Ah I see neolara beat me to it. That was indeed what I was thinking of!

dontstopmenow Mon 18-Jul-16 20:51:43

I just looked for pictures of this and you have hit the button I think - it looks exactly right. A trip to GP for steroid cream might be in order by the look of things. Thank you kindly!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now