Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

discolated knee

(12 Posts)
kirs194 Sun 17-Jul-16 23:40:54

Just wondering I discolated my knee on Tuesday I can't bend it and have to lift my leg out of bed and it's swollen I'm just wondering if anyone else has experience this as it's my first time the hospital only discharged me with crutches no plaster or splint iv got fracture clinic on Wednesday I'm a bit worried what's in store for me

scaryteacher Tue 19-Jul-16 08:05:45

Mine locks out (dislocates) quite frequently. I just wait until I can pop it back in, or get someone to pull it back in for me.

Physio helps as you will get exercises that can strengthen the muscles. I also wear a tubigrip or stronger knee brace if I need to. I sleep with the bad knee as straight as possible.

kirs194 Tue 19-Jul-16 09:01:19

I can't bend.my knee at all it its stinging today where I jolted it its my first time to do this so I'm bit scared on what's going to to happen

HumphreyCobblers Tue 19-Jul-16 13:59:02

I think if it was still out you would know about it. I have dislocated my knee four times and had to wait for it to be put back - it is extremely painful. If your knee popped out then back in again it will be incredibly swollen and you won't be able to bend it.

I would go and get checked out.

HumphreyCobblers Tue 19-Jul-16 14:00:13

and people like scary teacher make me feel faint! I can't just pop it back in when it goes, my leg is invariably twisted under me and I need gas and air to get it back into position. It literally is a worse pain than childbirth for me.

kirs194 Tue 19-Jul-16 15:07:47

Yes it didn't go back in had to have gas and air and morphine for it to go back in this is the first time got fracture clinic tomorrow

HumphreyCobblers Tue 19-Jul-16 16:09:51

You poor thing. It is such a nasty pain.

kirs194 Tue 19-Jul-16 16:37:28

Going to be a long journey how long does it take I work as a carer and don't want to take to much time of

HumphreyCobblers Tue 19-Jul-16 18:58:37

It really depends on how long it was out for and in what position it ended up in as to how much damage was done. I have been in plaster for six weeks once but then just strapped up and ok after a couple of weeks.

Hope yours is not too serious.

kirs194 Tue 19-Jul-16 19:55:59

It was out for an hour and facing outwards if that's any good

HumphreyCobblers Tue 19-Jul-16 20:22:30

ouch!
I think you will get a much clearer idea from them at your appointment as to how long you will be out of action.

Hope it is not too long.

kirs194 Tue 19-Jul-16 20:37:02

Me too thankyou it'd frustrating as I have a little one aswell so my partner had been looking after him and me and gos to work so it's hard

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now