Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Canker sore on tonsil - best home treatments?

(4 Posts)
acatcalledjohn Fri 15-Jul-16 08:14:44

That's it really. And I'm going on holiday early next week so would love to speed up the healing process.

I cannot gargle anything other than normal water as it makes me gag.

What are your tried and tested methods?

acatcalledjohn Fri 15-Jul-16 13:29:28

No one?

politicalpolitics Fri 15-Jul-16 20:49:13

If you can't gargle that doesnt leave many options! I was going to say gargle salt water or difflam mouth wash is amazing but that is just for pain relief. I think you can buy difflam spray of you think you could manage that.

Other than that I would probably just try to get lots of rest and drink lots of water to give your body the best chance of recovering.

acatcalledjohn Fri 15-Jul-16 21:17:04

Thanks! Got a GP appointment for the morning now as I feel so tired this afternoon & evening (and if it's bacterial I'd rather get my anti Bs before leaving the country - cannot find my bloody EHIC card angry). I didn't have the best sleep last night, but lethargy has set in with a vengeance. Not to mention that it feels like there is a small marble in my throat. Cannot see a tonsil stone, but tonsil does look swollen. Mild headache too.

It is a pain that gargling flavoured stuff makes me gag.

Anyway, thanks again for responding!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now