Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Period after 6 years on Cerazette

(7 Posts)
KnockMeDown Thu 14-Jul-16 09:24:43

I am 46, and have been on Cerazette since the birth of my DD 6 years ago. During this time, I have had absolutely no adverse symptoms on it, and no periods or bleeding whatsoever.
Now, over the last few weeks I have had some vague cramping, and now over the last few days some light bleeding with more definite cramps - basically feels like a period. Is this normal to get after all this time without? Could this be the start of the menopause? Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
For full disclosure, last time I had a smear the GP commented I had a very mild prolapse.
Would be grateful for any comments.

KnockMeDown Thu 14-Jul-16 10:43:58

Hopeful bump?

KnockMeDown Thu 14-Jul-16 16:15:42

Another bump for the afternoon crowd

smileflowers

redannie118 Thu 14-Jul-16 16:31:38

Hi , I have been on Cerezette 3 years , no periods but maybe once a year some spotting and cramping. I was told that as there is no oestrogen in this pill I will not mask your physical symptoms of menopause eg hot flushes mood swings etc, so that maybe a better marker for yoy, have you had any other symptoms?

KnockMeDown Thu 14-Jul-16 17:31:16

Hi Redannie thanks for your response. No, I haven't had any other menopause symptoms. I guess I shall just have to see how it goes. I really don't want to go back to periods - I used to have such horrendous ones sad

redannie118 Thu 14-Jul-16 20:29:23

Hopefully its just a one off but if not go and see your gp and ask for a blood test, word of warning though you will need to be off the pill 2 weeks for the hormone levels to be acurate, hope things settle soon smile

maz6870 Wed 12-Oct-16 13:35:29

Hi Knockmedown,

I am exactly the same age and have just seen your thread as I have the same symptoms. I have been on Cerazette for 10 years and this is the first time it has happened to me. I too have vague cramping and breakthrough bleeding. Did yours stop? I wondered if I am starting the menopause as my family have a history of it starting early.
Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now