Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Strange?

(6 Posts)
womanwhowantstohelp Mon 11-Jul-16 14:16:07

Don't know if this is the right board for this so feel free to move if it is not. I have had odd symptoms lately and was just wondering if anyone has experience/advice on them?

I have hhad the following: feeling faint on standing up, extremely increased heartrate (increased by over 45 BPM). I know that because of a cool little app. I've also had extreme dizziness and a tight chest. I really would appreciate some advice on these as they're really starting to worry me!I

Imnotaslimjim Mon 11-Jul-16 14:19:05

The faint feeling on standing is usually caused by a drop in blood pressure but there are many things that can cause it. Is your heart rate increased all the time or only after/during the dizziness/faintness? Have you ever been anaemic?

womanwhowantstohelp Mon 11-Jul-16 14:50:37

I've been tested for anaemia in the past but it came back negative, I've been more concerned about it now though.

womanwhowantstohelp Mon 11-Jul-16 14:51:43

Oh and it's not always increased. It's in normal range when sitting or lying down.

BeenThereTooSEL Mon 11-Jul-16 14:55:32

Have a look at POTS Syndrome

womanwhowantstohelp Mon 11-Jul-16 15:17:29

I've heard of POTS.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now