Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pain in jaw gland?

(4 Posts)
imsorryiasked Wed 06-Jul-16 07:55:47

Any suggestions on what could cause this please?
The pain woke me in the night - the right side of my jaw/face hurt. I eventually traced the source to the gland up under my jaw line. But the gland is not swollen, and it hurts to press. Also hurts more if I lie on my right side, and when I swallow in that position.
Am sure it's not my teeth or ear, altho i did go swimming yesterday for the first time in months.
Others in good health, no medication, not pregnant.
Any suggestions?

MissTeriName Wed 06-Jul-16 08:16:02

Swimming would indicate possible ear problem. Alternatively, tooth abcess (suffering with this myself at the moment) and it causes pain that seems unrelated to teeth. Or mumps?!

imsorryiasked Wed 06-Jul-16 08:27:07

Not mumps as no swelling.
It doesn't seem the right sort of pain for an abccess - seems to be more connected to swallowing although throat not sore.

P1nkP0ppy Wed 06-Jul-16 08:37:22

A stone in your salivary gland? I've had a couple, eventually they worked their way out. get checked out by your GP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now