Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Swapping antibiotics

(3 Posts)
NotMyMoney Tue 05-Jul-16 19:29:15

Tomorrow I have to swap my antibiotics from amoxicillin 500 mg to erythromycin 250 mg (3 tablets)

The amoxicillin was three times a day and the erythromycin is 4 times a day. I'll have 1 tablet left from the amoxicillin for the morning then I'll have to take erythromycin. Do I treat it as if I'd taken erythromycin in the morning and do the timing from that or do I need to do something different? Minds a little loads off and forgot to ask the doctor.

Musicaltheatremum Tue 05-Jul-16 20:14:11

I would take the amoxicillin in the morning then start the erythromycin as if it were your 2 nd erythromycin of the day. To be honest it doesn't really matter.

pippinandtog Tue 05-Jul-16 21:01:49

I would do as Musicaltheatre suggests, unless you are swapping due to a problem with the amoxicillin; I guess it's a follow-on course.
If you still feel unsure what to do, phone the chemist who dispensed the erythromycin, in the morning if they are closed now: their phone number will be on the pharmacy label on your tablet box.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now