Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Excersise & periods!

(3 Posts)
ohisay Tue 05-Jul-16 18:36:02

Was really unsure where to put this question but here goes!
I'm on a health kick, have lost 1 1/2 stone in just over 3 months and have joined the gym about 6 weeks ago too. It's all going pretty well, still have a good stone to lose (I'm 5ft 1 and started off at 12 1/2 stone)
Anyway, down to my question. Had any one else losing weight/ using the gym found it has affected their cycle? or is it a thing for the GP to make sure there's nothing else going on? In all honesty it's a change for the better (lighter, shorter) but this is unusual for me. I've been having periods for over 20 years and the only changes have been due to contraceptives or pregnancy, and it is definitely neither of these as I've checked for pregnancy just in case, and I am not taking any contraceptives as I had a bad experience with the implant so I am going without for a while (since March, settled to my normal pattern the change had been since starting the gym)
Anyone had similar? Is this normal for fit people ?! If it is I'd have joined the gym years ago grin

Runningupthathill82 Tue 05-Jul-16 18:40:24

Is this normal for fit people?!

IME yes - my periods got much lighter and shorter when I lost weight and got fitter.

ohisay Tue 05-Jul-16 19:45:15

Thanks running, good to hear that smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now