Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Small pink worm in poo

(12 Posts)
SlowComfortableShrew Tue 05-Jul-16 14:25:27

Hi,

Just noticed a small (2cm) thin pink worm alive in my poo. Any ideas what it is? Looked a bit like the worms you get in uncooked fish sometimes

Dutchcourage Tue 05-Jul-16 14:27:58

😷 Burn it !

CMOTDibbler Tue 05-Jul-16 14:31:39

Did you take a picture? Turns out we have some worm experts on MN who can identify it.

Of course, are you sure it was a worm? I remember someone panicking over a bean sprout!

Dutchcourage Tue 05-Jul-16 14:34:25

CMOT 😂😂😂😂 that was me!!!

I took it to GP in a glass jar ha ha ha

BishopBrennansArse Tue 05-Jul-16 14:36:11

Wiggly woo.

SlowComfortableShrew Tue 05-Jul-16 14:46:14

It was wiggling blush

NotMyMoney Tue 05-Jul-16 19:40:45

Roundworm? Had you been abroad recently? As a side note I treat my DC for Threadworms at the end of every term since DD caught them in reception grin years ago

gamerchick Tue 05-Jul-16 19:47:41

Do you still have it? Bottle it up. Go to your GP who'll ask you to take a sample.

Don't worry it's easy treated.

CurlyhairedAssassin Tue 05-Jul-16 19:59:05

You "just noticed" it?! How come you were looking close enough? confused
Did you feel there was something different about it?

SlowComfortableShrew Wed 06-Jul-16 07:55:29

It was in the toilet bowl swimming around after I flushed! The flush wasn't great, I looked to see if I needed to flush again!

MrsGradyOldLady Wed 06-Jul-16 07:59:54

I don't know what kind of worm it is but what do you mean about worms you see in uncooked fish? I've never seen worms on uncooked fish. I'm never eating fish again!

SlowComfortableShrew Wed 06-Jul-16 09:38:26

I've only see worms in fish once, in fish pie mix. I googled it and it said it was normal and they died during cooking....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now