Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Inflamed sweat glands in armpit?

(3 Posts)
Notmymonkeysnotmycircus Wed 29-Jun-16 09:22:55

I've had flare ups for years with the sweat glands in my armpit - the skin there is now lumpy and pitted with little open pore holes in places

Can anyone recommend a deodorant that is effective but wont irritate it and / or something I can apply when things start to become inflamed - Ive now got a painful lump coming again so I know I've got another infection brewing. I can usually head them off by leaving deodorant off for a few days but I hate doing that.

Anyone else suffer from this and can recommend anything?

IAmcuriousyellow Wed 29-Jun-16 09:49:22

Have you investigated hidradenitis? I have that, and it sounds to me like you may have too. As to deodorant, I use Trust. It's pricey but lasts ages and a tiny amount wiped over the skin deodorises for days, even with washing between applications.

pippinandtog Wed 29-Jun-16 16:49:14

Salt of the Earth crystal deodorant spray from Holland and Barrett.
Might need a prescription cream from GP to treat a flare up.
If shaving under arms, make sure you use a high quality razor and change frequently to ensure it's sharp.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now