Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Adult chickenpox

(3 Posts)
Dontfencemein Sun 26-Jun-16 12:16:38

Help! I have chickenpox at the age of 42. I have blisters everywhere, even in my mouth and nether regions. They came on Friday and I started taking Aciclovir yesterday. How long does the pox last in an adult?

AnnieOnnieMouse Sun 26-Jun-16 12:21:14

I had it as an adult, too, over Christmas, with two under fives. I was ill about as long as the kids were, although that was in the days before Aciclovir. Do be careful to rest as much as possible, as it does take a while to totally get over having it, well past the stage when you're not contagious.
brew cake

Dontfencemein Mon 27-Jun-16 08:24:07

Thanks Annie. That is reassuring. DS, from whom I caught the darn thing, was over most of it in about a week. Think you're right about the tiredness afterwards though, even for little ones. I reckon the baby has it now. We should all go off to boarding kennels for a few weeks I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now