Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is this a bite/sting or is it infected?

(6 Posts)
HumptyDumptyBumpty Sun 26-Jun-16 11:51:32

Hurts like buggery, lump in middle, itchy. It's on the inside of my leg, hence weird photo angles, sorry.

LadyB49 Sun 26-Jun-16 11:56:09

In the meantime as it's a Sunday - Try cortisone cream from supermarket and take an antihistamine.
I did this though it wasn't quite strong enough and ended up getting stronger of the same, prescribed from Dr, which worked.

HumptyDumptyBumpty Sun 26-Jun-16 12:10:21

LadyB did you post before? I only see one post from you, but it implies you posted earlier!
I've been taking anti histamines, no effect.

Bimberley Sun 26-Jun-16 12:38:26

I had this the other day. Was a bite. It still is itchy a week later but swelling has gone down.

LadyB49 Sun 26-Jun-16 13:59:46

No earlier post, I meant that as it is a Sunday and no doc appt available, that in the meantime you could try my suggestion which is available from an open supermarket.

You maybe need a stronger prescribed antihistamine from doc. I also used Eumovate Cream prescribed by doc.

Over the counter Cortisone cream used with the antihistamine tablets might help cut the itch but perhaps not really strong enough.
If still a problem tomorrow I'd get doc appt (ours has a walk in clinic) or if not possible, perhaps a telephone appointment.

HumptyDumptyBumpty Sun 26-Jun-16 14:11:34

Oh I see, ladyb thank you. I'll give that a whirl. Much appreciated!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now