Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Swollen abdomen

(14 Posts)
whatadrain Wed 22-Jun-16 19:24:34

I am a size 8 but my abdomen is persistently swollen to the point I look around 6-7 months pregnant. I am tired all the time, particularly after eating and constantly uncomfortable from my massive belly.

I mentioned this to my GP when I was there for something else and I've had to do a stool sample (tmi!) and go back in a week.

Is there anything I need to be looking out for or requesting from my GP?

TIA!

whatadrain Wed 22-Jun-16 21:17:03

Anyone? sad

gobbin Wed 22-Jun-16 22:04:31

It could be so many things, unfortunately. I'd start by asking your GP what they are testing for at this stage, what they think it might be.

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Wed 22-Jun-16 22:08:32

Agree it could be many things.

One thing Id be wanting ruled out is coeliac??

coffeeaddictedandfat Thu 23-Jun-16 05:56:04

ovarian cyst?

rosepetaltea Thu 23-Jun-16 06:34:29

Fibroids?

Footle Thu 23-Jun-16 08:09:40

Liver problem ?

rugbychick Thu 23-Jun-16 08:15:34

I'd be thinking ovaries

Laselva Thu 23-Jun-16 08:24:01

Coeliac? Check out coeliaiac uk for a full list of symptoms.

Thymeout Thu 23-Jun-16 20:24:33

Ovarian cyst. Bowel problems are more common so it makes sense to rule these out. However, the symptoms of ovarian cysts are v similar and often get wrongly attributed to IBS etc.

If your stool sample comes back negative, ask your doctor whether you should have a Ca125 blood test and an ultrasound.

diddyd Thu 23-Jun-16 21:04:21

I have been to the doctors today for the very same reason. I would ask for a blood test - so they can rule things in or out. My doc has always been great in the past and oday he said blood test and sample are both required

Nobloodynamesleft Thu 23-Jun-16 21:11:32

I went to the house with this. I went for a ca125 blood test that afternoon, all clear. Then a few weeks later went for an ultrasound, all clear. Next I was supposed to go the digestive test route but the issue has generally gone away. Ive

Nobloodynamesleft Thu 23-Jun-16 21:13:50

Sorry...I've been dieting and lost weight so thought it may have been digestive. I was convinced it was linked to ovulation, always get the javelin up the bum pain.

Nobloodynamesleft Thu 23-Jun-16 21:14:19

*house?? Gp!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now