Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Advise re broken wrist please

(5 Posts)
Mayleez Sun 19-Jun-16 16:08:59

Broke my wrist on Monday & had it manipulated back into position at A&E. Was told there might be need for surgery but doc at fracture clinic on Thursday was impressed with work done at A&E - so far, so good. However, he noted in letter to my GP that there was a risk of displacement & earlier today I dropped a bag of flour on it (stupid, I know but it was feeling a lot better & the kids were hassling me to make pancakes for fathers day breakfast!). It really hurt at the time (nearly fainted) but has eased off quite a bit now - do you think I'll be alright till next fracture clinic appointment on Thursday or should I get it looked at soonerconfused I can live with pain for a few days, just worried that I've displaced it. Any experience/advice welcome.

Flisspaps Sun 19-Jun-16 16:10:47

I'd get it looked at ASAP

AnchorDownDeepBreath Sun 19-Jun-16 16:21:22

Does it hurt more now than it did before? If it does, I would get it looked at sooner. I've had a displaced wrist and it was not pretty!

Mayleez Sun 19-Jun-16 17:21:54

The pain is similar to a couple of days after the break, so a lot more than before I dropped the flour today but nothing like it was at the time of the break. Guess I'd better get myself back to A&E then ...

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 19-Jun-16 17:32:35

I would definitely get it looked at!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now