Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

So much pain - Please help

(12 Posts)
LondonSnow13 Sun 19-Jun-16 14:24:29

Hello.

I would be so grateful if anyone has any ideas of what could be wrong with me.

It started about 14 weeks ago, with ear pain, my face was swollen on that side and was numb as well, and reduced hearing, and pain in and around my whole head

Diagnosed with an ear infection, in the next 2 months, was given oral antibiotics, nose drops and ear drops, seen 4 times, everytime told no infection present

The whole time still having ear pain, jaw pain, head pain, and puffy cheek and eye

After 10 weeks I had a CT Scan of sininus areas and a brain scan.. Both were clear, doctor said there was nothing wrong

Put on steroids for a week, finally felt better, could listen to music again.

1/2 days after taking steroids, the pain and Swelling is back...

I can't cope...

Please has anyone got any ideas what this could be.

Footle Sun 19-Jun-16 18:02:24

Did the tests exclude trigeminal neuralgia ?

starsandstripes2016 Sun 19-Jun-16 18:04:42

or dental?

LondonSnow13 Sun 19-Jun-16 21:53:27

Neither... But thank you both

elephantoverthehill Sun 19-Jun-16 21:57:12

Bell's palsay?

LondonSnow13 Sun 19-Jun-16 22:27:21

Elephant over the hill...

THANK YOU SO MUCH... I think u may of just diagnosed me. I have nearly every symptom.

Iv been googling for weeks and couldn't find anything, this makes sense
Thank you

elephantoverthehill Sun 19-Jun-16 22:32:00

Careful London I am not medically qualified. I just knew someone who had it.

LondonSnow13 Sun 19-Jun-16 23:18:48

I just haven't found any thing where my symptoms match.

I have 7 of the symptoms....

Back to the doctors tomorrow to ask why they haven't suggested this with so many of my symptoms I have

Thank you

elephantoverthehill Mon 20-Jun-16 17:14:59

Let us now how you get on.smile

Musicaltheatremum Mon 20-Jun-16 17:26:33

Doesn't sound like a classic Bell's palsy. Bells affects the 7th cranial nerve which is a motor nerve not a sensory one. You also get drooping of one side of the face and can't shut eye. It sounds more like trigeminal neuralgia. I would try amitriptyline for the pain if this is what the GP thinks it is.

LondonSnow13 Mon 20-Jun-16 20:49:06

Not bells

Doctor has no idea, just says to take paracetamol and ibuprofen and come back in two weeks...

I'm in so much pain, and so fed up sad

Footle Mon 20-Jun-16 20:53:56

Find yourself a well-recommended acupuncturist in your area. You can't go on like this, and you may get the help you need. You should feel some real improvement after 1-2 sessions if it's going to help you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now