Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Knackered pelvic floor

(8 Posts)
pinkieandperkie Sat 18-Jun-16 18:14:43

Hello, I was wondering if any of you could recommend a good pelvic toner that works please.

iniquity Sun 19-Jun-16 09:35:23

I use aquaflex, it has helped me but its not for everyone. Is it stress incontinence you have?
If you have a big problem ask your gp for a physio referral as they will help you with all the latest gadgets and techniques.

pinkieandperkie Sun 19-Jun-16 10:19:38

IniquityThank you for your reply. I have had a quick google of Aquafkex. Sorry if too much information but no I do not have and stress incontinence, I have noticed that things do not seem so tight in the fanjo department since peri menopause has kicked in so I was looking to sort things out before it becomes a problem

PollyPerky Sun 19-Jun-16 10:59:27

You don't need to have stress inconti to use a pelvic toner. Having said that, doing pelvic floor exercises can give just as good results but you need to do 10 x 3 times a day for 16 weeks to see any improvement.

Follow physio Gussie Grips on twitter, or see the website of Michelle kenway ( another physio.)

pinkieandperkie Sun 19-Jun-16 12:04:42

Polly. Thank you for your reply, I will have a look at your suggestions x

GBBO15 Sun 19-Jun-16 12:09:12

You should look at cones as well eg www.amazon.co.uk/LadySystem-Pelvic-Exercise-Therapy-5-Cone/dp/B00OUZIMBU.
I saw a gynae physio, was referred by my GP. She lent me out a toner machine and made sure I was doing the exercises properly then moved me on to the cones. Could you get referred?

GBBO15 Sun 19-Jun-16 12:11:41

Oh, but the toner machine the Physio department gave me was a Neurotrac Continence, in case you want to look at these

pinkieandperkie Sun 19-Jun-16 12:15:49

GBB thanks for the information, will check the info out. I know that you shouldn't but I tried to stop pee flow have way through and was able to completely stop the flow so I can kind of locate my pelvic floor which is a relief. Don't you just love getting olderhmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now