Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Excessive urination in the night.

(10 Posts)
cheesecadet Fri 17-Jun-16 18:38:15

Hello all, I've missed the opportunity to speak to my GP before the weekend.

I have suddenly started to urinate large amounts in the night. Never done this before. I empty my bladder right before bed (squeezing the last bit out!) and I don't drink tea in the evening.

Any ideas? Thanks.

trinity0097 Sat 18-Jun-16 15:56:10

Diabetes?

PollyPerky Sat 18-Jun-16 16:53:32

There is a condition where some people don't produce enough of a hormone to control urine production at night. You need to see your GP because if that's what it is, you can be prescribed meds. But do see your dr because weeing a lot at night and not during the day can be a sign of kidney disease (but more often in the elderly.)

Davros Sat 18-Jun-16 18:06:41

Eliminate caffeine

slug Sat 18-Jun-16 19:12:08

It's a symptom of diabetes

cheesecadet Sat 18-Jun-16 22:01:03

Thanks for all the replies.

Gonna ring the GP Monday morning.

PollyPerky Sun 19-Jun-16 11:01:30

I think the crucial part is are you weeing a lot during the day or hardly at all? Kidneys work better when we lie down so passing a lot at night if you aren't weeing much during the day can be a sign of something not quite right.

cheesecadet Sun 19-Jun-16 18:22:00

Weeing as normal in the day. Big change at night. Don't normally go once.

PollyPerky Sun 19-Jun-16 19:17:34

Have you changed what you eat or drink near bedtime? What happens if you don't drink anything from maybe 2 hours before bed?

cheesecadet Sun 19-Jun-16 21:14:01

No. Gosh I couldn't go without water 2 hours before bed, that's not healthy either!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now