Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What are these marks on my breasts?

(12 Posts)
Kenworthington Thu 16-Jun-16 12:59:37

I don't know how worried I shouldbe about these. I've googled and googled and nothing's come up. A smattering of flat light coloured marks which then seem to go on to develop darker flecks on them. They are flatter than they look in the pictures. It's very hard to take a picture of ones own boobs! They are mainly on my left breast at the side but now a couple more have come up on the right breast too. I should also add that I had a small itchy patch that was a bit rough to touch on the right side which I kept a eye on and it did go away and now I've noticed it's turned into one of these brown marks (with the flecks)

Any ideas? My gp thinks I'm a total hypochondriac I'm sure so am delaying going I guess. Also should add these have been appearing for about a year peehaps. The additional ones on the right have only just come up. Also they don't itch or anything.

Kenworthington Thu 16-Jun-16 13:42:06


Micah Thu 16-Jun-16 13:43:43

Looks like sebhorrheic ketosis to me.

Similar to moles. Benign

ReedBunting Thu 16-Jun-16 13:44:58

Ask to be referred to a dermatologist. Always better to be on the safe side.

Kenworthington Thu 16-Jun-16 13:49:16

Thanks. I've just looked up that seborrhic thing but they don't ealky look like any of the pictures. They're avtually flat with no protrusions at all, but they don't qyite look like that in the picture I know

Tanfastic Thu 16-Jun-16 14:11:22

How old are you op, I've got a couple of these around my trunk area. I assumed they were what the other poster said.

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Thu 16-Jun-16 14:13:44

Are they skin tags? new freckles? New marks are always worth checking so don't be afraid to speak to your GP

Batboobs Thu 16-Jun-16 14:14:06

They look like flat skin tags. I think you can get more of them in places which get rubbed. Round your neck, armpits, bra strap area etc.

Kenworthington Thu 16-Jun-16 14:32:27

I'm 40. I've got skin tags too (God im making myself sound so gorgeous grin), no they're not skin tags they're totally flat on the skin rather than hanging from the skin iyswim. <sigh> it's prob just yet another sign of bloody ageing

Quietlygoingmad67 Thu 16-Jun-16 14:36:19

I wad going to suggest age spots but if you are worried then get a GP appointment (don't let the GP make you think you are a hypochondriac - it could save your life one day) better to get it checked out and then not worry about them

suno1 Thu 16-Jun-16 16:39:46

Maybe they could be warts. If you scratched one, they could have spread. Certain types of these can be round and flat.

NanTheWiser Thu 16-Jun-16 17:08:47

I agree they look like sebhorrheic ketosis, one of the joys of ageing! I'm 69, and have LOADS of them, mostly on torso, some on shoulders (where straps rub), and on my back, some are quite large. They tend to be "crusty", and some can be picked off (if you're careful). My mother had them, so maybe genetic, but if you are prone to them you'll probably get more as you age.
GPs used to "shave" them off, but most surgeries no longer offer this service as it's purely for cosmetic reasons.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now