Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

any help with blood test results?

(5 Posts)
tiredsotiredso Thu 16-Jun-16 11:21:35

Just come home from hospital with instructions for GP to repeat bloods in one week.

But would love any insight into what any of these results mean if possible:

WCC 3.4
HB 132
MCV 88
PLT 152
Cr 53
CRP 31

tiredsotiredso Thu 16-Jun-16 19:23:01

Have done a bit of research myself & all normal except slightly low WCC & high CPR.

Seeing GP tomorrow.

RubySparks Sat 18-Jun-16 11:19:24

I think CRP is a marker for inflammation? How did GP appointment go?

tiredsotiredso Sat 18-Jun-16 12:42:51

DR said I am quite ill, was very ill & now need to monitor & rest! She took bloods there & then, as she was going to send me back in, but if bloods looked like they are heading in right direction should be OK to monitor unless I get worse or feel worse. The receptionist rang at close of surgery & said the GP felt the bloods were satisfactory.

So presume that meant not heaps better but not getting worse.

Rest with three children & husband at work is hard, but lying on the sofa with a cartoon playing & being quite Gina Ford with baby for naps and I am one degree better than yesterday so hopefully that continues.

Have repeat bloods Wednesday to see in Dr words if I am clinically stable...confused

RubySparks Sat 18-Jun-16 17:58:53

Sorry to hear that. Are they able to tell you what is wrong or give you anything to make you feel better (other than saying rest)?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now