Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is this a Cyst? What were your symptoms?

(8 Posts)
loveclouds Wed 15-Jun-16 18:59:49

Hi

My periods have been a little odd for awhile, can't really say how long. They are getting lighter all the time. I am 37 and had blood tests end of last year and my hormone levels etc were all normal.

My cycle is normally every 29 days and I can mark out each month when I will start. Last month I came on two days late and my period was so light (which it has been for awhile). It done the same thing, light bleeding for 2-3 days then totally stop for a day then I would get bright red gush of blood and this would happen for a day or so then stop altogether.

But the difference is since last month every now and then I get a real sharp pain where my ovaries are or near my belly button. One day I had to grip myself and breathe through it. So I booked to see gp, she has booked me for a pelvic examination next week and a transvaginal scan next month.

I am now on day 31 of my cycle, 3 days a go I had a tiny show of pinkish colour on tissue and thought my period was coming but nothing. I have done 4 pregnancy tests since last week, 4th one today as gp said I could be pregnany.... just to make sure and all negative!

A few nights ago I woke up with gripping pain in the centre of my stomach high up that was radiating out. It was very painful to wake me up, no pain the next day so I have just carried on until I see go next week for examination.

Today I keep getting little sharp shooting pains on my right side and also near my belly button. I am very bloated and my belly looks big, last month my family asked if i was pregnant!!!

I am interested to hear if anyone has experienced something similar and if it was a cyst and what happened?

Thank you for taking the time to read all of this.
x

loveclouds Wed 15-Jun-16 19:29:59

anyone about?

Boogers Wed 15-Jun-16 19:43:02

loveclouds I'm in the same boat as you. I'm 38 and until February my cycle was 28/29 days exact, but from February to March it was 35 days, ditto March to April, and last cycle it was 47 days. I'm wondering if it's early menopause.

Have you had any reassuring words from your GP when your scan was booked?

loveclouds Wed 15-Jun-16 19:53:28

Hello Boogers
I was worried about that, they said my hormone levels did not suggest that in Dec so highly unlikely, also I should not be getting pain with that.
Tonight I feel a little queasy and twinges all the time. The pain is only a 4 out of 10 but the other night it was more an 8 and I was worried.
Very odd, have you been to your gp?

Boogers Wed 15-Jun-16 20:23:23

Not yet but I will be doing next month (or the month after) if it stays the same way. Not sure what the symptoms are of menopause but I'm hot and sweaty all the time, not to mention very irritable, but it's been like that for several months and I've taken to carrying a can of dry shampoo to make my hair look less greasy during the working day.

loveclouds Wed 15-Jun-16 21:18:27

Boogers, what are we like? Haha! I def have greasy hair too! Hmm maybe thats what it is, do you have pain like me?

Boogers Wed 15-Jun-16 21:26:44

I did have, for two solid days four weeks ago, like a crippling spasm up my flanks and radiating under my ribcage. Came and went, but when it came it was like I was being punched.

Come to think of it, that doesn't sound like a menstrual pain, does it?

clogher Thu 16-Jun-16 20:33:28

That to me sounds very like a cyst. Scan will show it if that's what it is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now