Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Some medical people that can help me?

(5 Posts)
Dominiquelarge Wed 15-Jun-16 00:22:59

So ive had pain whem i walk and i cant tell if its bone pain or muscle pain and it goes up to my shin. I went to health care and a gp amd they told me it was a sprain and i got x rays. It still hurts after 3 weeks and i dont know if i should worry i have something worse than that. The pain isnt there when i play sports and it appears sometimes when i walk. I am very paranoid about my health and ive been all over the internet and cancer always pops out can someone tell me why it still hurts or should i be persistent with the doctor?

DontFuckingSayIt Wed 15-Jun-16 00:31:34

Shin splints?

Pinkgeek Wed 15-Jun-16 00:32:19

Hi I'm not a medic but 2 years ago I sprained my ankle quite badly and it was tender for about 3 months! I didn't think it would ever heal but it did. If you've had X-rays and seen doc then I'd say give it a little longer to heal.
Hope that's reassured you!

itsmine Wed 15-Jun-16 08:20:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lljkk Wed 15-Jun-16 08:30:02

which sports does it never appear in?

Sports make you warm; sounds like the pain goes when the joint is warmed up & circulation is good. Is there no pain during swimming, too?

Pain that isn't there when blood is circulating well doesn't fit with weird chronic systemic disease scenarios (like cancer).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now