Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Surely I shouldn't be this hungry all the time?

(12 Posts)
PurpleRibbons Tue 14-Jun-16 13:13:51

I am 5'8" and I think I weigh between 9 and a half - 10 stone (I don't have any scales). I have been veggie most of my life and I think I eat pretty healthily but I don't deny myself the odd treat.
Every evening I have a big dinner around 6pm but by 8.30 I'm ravenous. I have tried including an extra snack in the afternoon but it doesn't seem to be helping. A typical day of food is something like:
Muesli, Greek yoghurt and fruit at 7am
Banana mid morning
Homemade soup and a slice of bread and butter, a yoghurt and a piece of fruit for lunch.
Afternoon snack eg. Olives, crackers with hummus or an apple with nuts or a piece of cheese.
Dinner - last night I had 2 helpings of cauliflower and lentil curry with brown rice and a piece of cake.
At 8pm I had 2 oatcakes with brie and by 9 I was starving so DH did me a crumpet.
I feel like I eat a lot and after lunch I always feel full so what could be making me so hungry?

trinity0097 Tue 14-Jun-16 19:29:56

Not enough fat/protein? Try upping that and see if it makes a difference?

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Tue 14-Jun-16 19:33:01

Sounds like me when I'm pregnant OP....

PurpleRibbons Tue 14-Jun-16 20:33:44

I am ttc so hopefully that's it but I don't remember it happening with my first pregnancy.
I had a massive dinner of spag bol with grated cheese followed by strawberries and Greek yoghurt and so far I'm ok this evening!

UnexpectedItemInShaggingArea Tue 14-Jun-16 20:43:38

If I feel like that it's normally either too much carbs, alcohol or not enough water.

PurpleRibbons Wed 15-Jun-16 08:17:40

It's definitely not alcohol or water as I drink gallons of water and very little alcohol. I do love my carbs but I don't think I've had too many this week.

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Wed 15-Jun-16 08:48:03

Take a test! I'm on my 4th pregnancy, felt like this for the first 12 weeks every time, 14 weeks now and STILL starving all the time! Yesterday I had porridge and fruit for breakfast at 7.30, dropped DD1 at school, went into town and was starving again by 9 so had a mcdonalds breakfast! blush

BertieBotts Wed 15-Jun-16 08:54:17

I vote pregnant too. I didn't remember it happening with my first pregnancy either but when I looked back at my notes from the time it did!

PurpleRibbons Wed 15-Jun-16 09:26:40

Bit early to take a test but I really hope you are right!

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Wed 15-Jun-16 10:21:45

I'll keep everything crossed for you! How long until you can test? I hope it isn't long so you aren't driven mad with the waiting!

PurpleRibbons Wed 15-Jun-16 12:23:58

Another 6 days! Thank you.

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Wed 15-Jun-16 20:18:50

Best of luck xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now