Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

thyroid and thyroxine.

(3 Posts)
PointlessUsername Mon 13-Jun-16 22:33:34

Hi all,

I started to feel unwell over 3 years ago my first symptoms where 2 stone weightloss over a month and tachycardia after a few trips to A&E I was diagnosed with hashimoto thyroiditis.

At first the endo said watch and wait so sent me back to the gp with a guide as to start levothyroxine when my TSH reached 10 so i was put on 50mg my TSH crept up again to 11 so the thyroxine was upped again too 100.

My last bloods my TSH was 17 so now I am on 150mg thyroxine a day and prescribed amitriptylen for pain.

The ami I have been on around a year 30mg a night and the 150mg thyroxine about six months.

The trouble is I still feel crap my fingers and ankles are so painful all day everyday they are red and hot to the touch and swollen.

My question is should I feel better by now on 150mg?. Or could there be something else going on, I have had a few mild positive ANA test's. I have a horrid rumbly/ shaky feeling inside (even when unmedicated)

I'm at a loss I feel any symptom gets blamed on my thyroid I just want to feel well again.

Maybenot321 Tue 14-Jun-16 10:02:17

Hi OP,
You will probably get loads of advice if you post your question on thyroid uk/health unlocked website instead.
Good luck

PointlessUsername Tue 14-Jun-16 10:56:15

Thank you maybe I will try that.x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now