Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cerazette - help!

(8 Posts)
trinity0097 Mon 13-Jun-16 18:23:31

Just back from trying to pick up a repeat prescription from lloyds pharmacy who say that they can't get Cerazette anymore, not an issue of the Doctor wanting to save money and write a note for cerelle, I have a proper prescription for Cerazette, but can't get it.

Has anyone managed to get any recently, if so what pharmacy? I don't want to switch to cerelle.

dementedpixie Mon 13-Jun-16 19:39:21

Maybe try Boots pharmacy?

Wolpertinger Mon 13-Jun-16 19:52:53

There are endless problems with supply of all sorts of meds at the moment.

I've just got my Cerazette no probs - Boots is usually the worst for making the effort to ring round suppliers, small independents are usually the best but it's hit and miss, just depends on how keen the pharmacist is and what their wholesalers have.

Which pharmacy will depend entirely on your local circumstances - just because one Lloyds have it for example, doesn't mean every one will in every town.

You could trying ringing up a few near you to see if they have it before taking your prescription down there.

Babymouse Mon 13-Jun-16 20:09:37

Is there a sexual health clinic local to you? They may have a supply there.

trinity0097 Tue 14-Jun-16 19:28:37

Boots tried to order some but couldn't get any. Another independent gave me their last 4 packets, tried to reorder more and said all four of their wholesalers were out of stock.

I am very concerned, where can I find out information regarding shortages?! I have googled and found reference to a shortage in 2011 but nothing recently.

Wolpertinger Tue 14-Jun-16 21:45:52

You can't really - however if you have 4 packets then that's 4 months and in 4 months the situation may be entirely different.

Different meds go on shortage all the time and we are forever swapping people to alternatives - in my specialty of palliative care it's a nightmare at the moment not being able to get the meds people need for end of life care.

You just get to know what's out there locally and swap about.

The good news is you have your Cerazette for another 4 months. In 4 months the problem may be over (I just got mine in another part of the world with no prob at all mentioned), or another pharmacy may have some, or it may be worse and you may need to swap to Cerelle. However that's in 4 months' time -- not a lot you can do about it now.

However as expected, independent pharmacy did better than Boots grin

DollyRocker1 Sat 02-Jul-16 00:53:35

Just had the same experience. Been given Zelletta but loathe to try something new over the summer and face breakthrough bleeding. Thinking of ordering online (although Lloyds out of stock). Anyone ordered contraceptive pill online before?

trinity0097 Sat 02-Jul-16 06:31:12

I managed to get 6 months worth from onlineclinic.co.uk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now