Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Feel like my insides are being dragged out of me (probably TMI)

(3 Posts)
Emochild Sat 11-Jun-16 21:04:59

Omg what is happening to my body

I had mild pmt in my teens but I've been really l lucky with my periods since then
My body is making up for it now!

For the last 3 months I've had a horrible dragging pain in my stomach and thighs, my back aches and my periods are so heavy i'm flooding

I also have large clots which I can feel passing and bypassing my tampon

Is this an age thing -i'm 38 and early menopause is a thing in my family but not often talked about

nosireebob Sat 11-Jun-16 22:38:01

This sounds so so familiar. Tried different things for a few years - different types of pill, medication etc- but it just got worse till I had a mirena coil fitted. Pretty much sorted now although unusually I never stopped having a regular period despite the coil. But much more manageable!

Hope you find something that works for you, I found it quite debilitating, at work especially.

mayhew Mon 13-Jun-16 19:31:27

Same here fixed via Mirena. Never looked back. Took 6 months for me to realise I was buying too much sanitary protection.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now