Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Uterine polyp

(6 Posts)
Purplemonkeydishwasherpimp Thu 09-Jun-16 20:14:55

It appears I have a polyp just the one, in my uterus. Google seems to suggest these are normally for those around 50 and obese, except I'm late 20s and a slight over healthy BMI so just suuuper lucky I guess!

Anyhoo are these pretty common in younger women? I'm kinda working myself up about it. I'm not seeing Dr for a few weeks so its playing on my mind.

I have a copper IUD at the moment and I'll be pretty pissed off if they think about removing it, how do they get these polyps out ? Help

joeythenutter Fri 10-Jun-16 21:28:30

I had one of these too in my twenties and have never been obese. So I would ignore google on that one. I had mine lasered away, just basically went through the same process as a smear. It only took a few minutes.

I hadn't any coil or mirena in at the time so can't really say if they'll need to remove it.

Dont worry, it wasn't painful to get removed and its done very quickly.

Snazarooney Fri 10-Jun-16 21:38:40

I had one at your age and at a healthy weight. It is easily sorted. Try not to worry too much (easy for me to say I know.)

Purplemonkeydishwasherpimp Fri 10-Jun-16 22:08:21

Thanks ladies you've really helped.

Think I will ignore Google as I trust you more, you've put my mind at ease til I see my dr chocolateflowers

imip Fri 10-Jun-16 22:22:22

I also had one in my early 30s I was a healthy weight and running 50km per week ( ah, those were the days). Mine was as big as my uterus and removed 12 years ago (on valentines day!!) via a hystoscropy (sp). I was under a GA, but also had a HSG at the same time as part of infertility investigations.

It was the cause of my infertility. I actually was having multiple miscarriages just after 4 weeks. There was no space for the embryo to cling onto. All the time I just thought I had irregular periods.

Purplemonkeydishwasherpimp Sun 12-Jun-16 20:31:50

Thanks imip

Are you all OK now? I'm a bit scared too that I'll get another but I'm a natural bloody worrier cakeflowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now