Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Spotting/discharge...ugh

(9 Posts)
NoMoreStickers Thu 09-Jun-16 16:39:05

I've relied on copper coils since I was 17 (now 36) and they've always been great. Started on gynae fix then t safe. However after I had my twins I had a paraguard fitted, which behaved for 2.5 years and then tried to leave the premises. I had it replaced with another paraguard and since then my periods have been sometimes normal, sometimes just spotting, sometimes a week of spotting follows by a deluge etc etc. I've also had loads of discharge and spotting around ovulation/odd spot at other times.

I've been swabbed...nothing. I've had two recent ultrasounds to check position of old wandering coil and to check this one is still where it should be (as my strings have gone AWOL). Nothing reported.

I had clear smear 18 months ago.

My cervix apparently looks ok, no sign of polyps etc etc.

I am very fat and have gone from 15st to 17 stone since I had the first paraguard so not sure if that's a factor.

I've now been referred to gynaecologist.

Anyone else been through similar??

Purplemonkeydishwasherpimp Thu 09-Jun-16 22:10:42

Could it be a an uterine polyp? Mine was apparantly hard to spot as its behind my IUD (also have a paraguard)

NoMoreStickers Thu 09-Jun-16 22:56:43

Ooh how did they spot it in the end? Could it have been missed on the ultrasound? Can I ask what your symptoms were?

Purplemonkeydishwasherpimp Thu 09-Jun-16 23:16:41

My only symptom irregular bleeding.

It was just from what seemed like hours of of messing around with the ultrasound it was spotted

NoMoreStickers Fri 10-Jun-16 07:00:52

Thanks Purple, can I ask who referred you for the scan? I'm hoping this new gynae doc I'm being referred to will give me s bit of an MOT as the other scans were only very cursory to spot my coil

Purplemonkeydishwasherpimp Fri 10-Jun-16 12:45:07

Hi Stickers,
I had a number of blood tests done at my doctors surgery then was sent for the ultrasound.

When are you seeing the gyno? That's the next step for me also.

I think its excess estrogen that can cause polyps. I'm going to have this removed but I'm hoping they won't have to mess around with the paraguard.

I just have like spotting, no pain, no heavy bleeding (not enough for a tampon) I've been like this since Feb!

NoMoreStickers Fri 10-Jun-16 17:03:05

That's the same sort of bleeding I have. GP didn't do any blood tests just swabs and has passed me on to gynae. I've been like this for around the same time, spotting def more concentrated mid month. How are they removing polyp? Is the spotting daily for you?

Purplemonkeydishwasherpimp Fri 10-Jun-16 17:16:43

Yeah daily spotting, no difference at any time of the month. I think she wanted to check for thyroid or hormones first before the ultrasounds.

I'm awaiting the gyno app so not sure, I'm more bothered about them messing with my IUD in the process, I assume they will wanna knock me out and snip it out. I'd rather not be awake for it!

NoMoreStickers Fri 10-Jun-16 17:41:13

My doc said it wouldn't be hormonal but perhaps that's because it isn't daily, just sporadic ..... Good luck with the gynae, womb maintenance is a pain in the arse (so to speak) isn't it? At this point I'd be happy to get shut of the coil if it removed a variable, Mr Stickers can get the snip!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now