Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Veruccas! Duct tape???

(33 Posts)
user1464887935 Tue 07-Jun-16 23:06:00

Has anyone successfully used duct tape to get rid of veruccas? Thanks.

user1464887935 Sat 18-Jun-16 22:58:26

Hello out there! In case of interest/use, the tape appears to be working. Hoo-flaming-rah!

JuniDD Sat 18-Jun-16 23:00:58

It worked for me. Just leave it on for ages.

GeorgeTheThird Sat 18-Jun-16 23:02:10

I've been trying for six weeks ...

FreeButtonBee Sat 18-Jun-16 23:07:54

I bought the acid pads with the foam covers and they seem to have destroyed a very persistent verruca within days. Will try to find the link

I did try duct tape but it's right on the ball of my foot and even when I wrapped it right round my whole foot the duct tape shifted too much and didn't cover the verruca.

FreeButtonBee Sat 18-Jun-16 23:09:46

www.amazon.co.uk/Scholl-Verruca-Removal-System/dp/B00GBH32BK

These bad boys. I also used the competed corn plasters over the top instead now and again as they stick better on that spot of my foot but the acid seems to have done the trick really quickly.

user1464887935 Sat 18-Jun-16 23:14:05

Thanks for the info and the encouragment. The tape seems to be working. Thank goodness as all other options have so far failed. Regular duct tape did slip off quite frequently but I've now got 'duck tape' (that's the brand name) and it is very good. I've cut it to a very small size, just the size of the verucca and it stays put for a decent length of time. Fingers (and toes) crossed.

Fuckthisforausername Sat 18-Jun-16 23:27:35

File it down whenever you do a change in tape, it'll go quicker.

user1464887935 Sat 18-Jun-16 23:30:28

Thank you for the filing recommendation Ftforausername smile

KayJBee Sat 18-Jun-16 23:30:44

We tried it but her feet get quite sweaty and it fell off within the hour every time. So we filed it and put nail varnish in it, same as the duct tape theory, you are starving it of oxygen, and it came out in a week or two.

GeorgeTheThird Sun 19-Jun-16 11:02:22

I've been using those acid dots under the duct tape! Mind you, I have had the bugger for ten years so I suppose it it quite tough. I'll keep going.

allegretto Sun 19-Jun-16 11:08:58

I tried for months and months and eventually got it burnt off by the podologist. It did get smaller with duct tape but just wouldn't go (had had it for years though).

GeorgeTheThird Sun 19-Jun-16 11:16:58

Hmm. I'm Trying apple cider vinegar at night now, the acid dots have brought all the black spots to the surface of one so I may be making progress. The other one is just sitting there looking at me, I'll keep going with the acid dots and tape a bit longer.

I don't file, I scrape with a corn knife <hardcore>

user1464887935 Mon 20-Jun-16 08:58:01

Duck tape update..... veruccas are definitely diminishing! Rubbish weather has meant feet less sweaty, so that's probably helping the tape stay on. Bizarrely, rather than trying to secure the tape with lots of tape or round the foot, have had more success with tape staying on by cutting only the smallest size that and just covering the verucca and then putting socks over. Duck tape brand is the strongest I've found. Highly recommend it.

bimbobaggins Tue 21-Jun-16 08:41:41

I spoke to my chiropodist about my sons veruca after using bazuka for a while with no luck and couldn't believe it when she recommended duct tape. And it worked !

Afishcalledchips Tue 21-Jun-16 08:57:52

I used duct tape and mine's gone. Fresh every other day, after a shower. I was quite surprised that it worked, thought it was a silly idea. I had tried bazzuka (sp?) extra strength to no avail.

GeorgeTheThird Tue 21-Jun-16 18:54:36

Apple cider vinegar update - hurts like buggery!
Has brought the black dots to the surface though, so maybe it's working?

Nearlyadoctor Wed 22-Jun-16 17:47:50

Used normal Bazuka on dd's very large longstanding one. Painted over the top with dark red nail polish , which I topped up every couple of days, 2 weeks and hey presto the whole thing came away.

We'd been trying to shift the bigger for nearly 6 months.

Nearlyadoctor Wed 22-Jun-16 17:48:24

Bugger - not bigger!

Wait, was the nail varnish instead of the Bazuka or as well as?

Nearlyadoctor Wed 22-Jun-16 18:49:30

On top of the Bazuka , once the Bazuka had totally dried.

Nearlyadoctor Wed 22-Jun-16 18:51:49

Basically the nail varnish does that same job as duct tape, keeping out any light. In theory should work quicker as you're not having to change it daily therefore opening the verruca up to light.
The nail varnish wore nearly off one day so topped up Bazuka and reapplied polish on top.

clarella Wed 22-Jun-16 21:46:59

Wow! I have one at the mo. Will try nail polish!

Melfish Wed 22-Jun-16 22:03:06

Just took DD to the podiatrist to get her 6(!) attended to. Podiatrist advised covering the veruccae in superglue- the point is apparently to starve the buggers of oxygen. Duct tape just wouldn't stay on.

Onedaftmonkey Thu 23-Jun-16 09:35:42

Brilliant ideas I will try all as I'm failing with the shop bought stuff and Ds's are spreading. Thanks grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now