Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Clinical trials - anyone taken part?

(4 Posts)
kernowgal Wed 01-Jun-16 16:55:41

I have fairly bad varicose veins on both legs, but when I last went to a doctor about them (admittedly about five years ago) they said I was unlikely to get surgery for them on the NHS.

So I'm now wondering about applying to be in a clinical trial and get them done that way. There are quite a few at the moment (going via the NHS website) but I wondered if anyone has taken part in one and if so, what was it like?

I have a friend who organises clinical trials so I'll be bending his ear too. The one I'm interested in is run by Imperial College, which is reassuring.

MedSchoolRat Wed 01-Jun-16 23:56:59

I've been in a few, DC have too. Because I work in a medical school so I see the ads smile.

Do you have any other major health conditions? This can stop you participating.

kernowgal Mon 06-Jun-16 21:41:00

Sorry, completely forgot I'd started this topic! Thanks for replying.

Nope, no other medical conditions. Otherwise hale and hearty, good level of fitness.

GreenGoth89 Mon 06-Jun-16 21:42:49

My bestie's DP ends up in every diabetes on going - 3/4 in the past 5/6 years. He's keen to try anything for type one that comes on in your twenties!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now