Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Fungal Nail

(4 Posts)
FarAwayHills Fri 27-May-16 17:20:39

Anyone have any magic cures for fungal nail. I have read mixed reviews of the over the counter treatments and I'm reluctant to fork out as they are quite expensive if they don't work. Anyone have any success with the following remedies I've heard of

Listerine
Vicks
Tea Tree oil
Dettol
Vinegar
Bleachshock

mrsvilliers Sat 28-May-16 19:49:45

No but I had two awful awful fungal nails that I was in denial about due to pp depression and then pregnancy again. Finally got my head sorted and decided to deal with them, I was also dubious about the over the counter treatment but I have to say they work. The Boots own brand is a bit cheaper but you can also find various other brands cheaper on Amazon. It took me three lots and the nail filing is grim but my nails are finally looking normal again. Can recommend!

Flanderspigeonmurderer Sat 28-May-16 19:57:53

Why not try the otc treatments, they have anti fungal medication in them? The thing with fungal nail infections is that it doesn't clear up quickly, the infected nail has to grow out so you won't see improvement for a while.

mumsnit Sun 29-May-16 22:35:59

I didn't want to use otc treatment due to side effects but I've been using Vicks for about 6 months which has definitely improved mine. The doc suggested either Vicks or Tea Tree as natural remedies.

Wow bleach and dettol - really shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now