Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Endometrial Ablation & severe back lain

(6 Posts)
Livvygator Fri 27-May-16 09:09:39

I'm wondering if anyone on here has had the above and suffered from severe back pain? I had endometrial ablation, hysterocopy, a biopsy taken and a mirena coil out in 2 weeks ago. And I have suffered really bad back pain. So bad yesterday that I went to a & e. They tested blood, urine and did an X-ray to make sure my bowel and other things were not damaged and all came back clear which is great. They said the back pain must be from being moved about under the general anaesthetic. They didn't do an ultrasound or an mri or cat scan though and I'm so worried there is something going on undetected. I'm waiting for my consultant and doctor to call me today. I can't go to work, walk or drive and I'm feeling so sad and down and wish I had never had the procedure done sad I thought the back pain was due to the mirena coil so I had that taken out 3 days ago... No difference in back pain. When I was pregnant j suffered from spd so wondered if the pain could be hormonal joint pain or something. If anyone here has had something similar please post? 😢😢😢

sadie9 Fri 27-May-16 09:32:42

Sorry haven't had this myself but when the hospital/consultant calls you, you could ask can they arrange for you to see a physiotherapist at the hospital (so you don't have to pay privately). A physio will figure out if it is a spine/skeletal thing or not.

Livvygator Fri 27-May-16 10:01:03

Good idea thank you Sadie. She just called and she is trying to get me some scans this arvo in the emergency gyne clinic.... Feeling so sorry for myself!! 😢

swooosh Fri 27-May-16 10:05:46

Hi Livvy. Your legs are up in stirrups for this procedure. This may have attributed to your back pain.

Hope all is ok.

Livvygator Fri 27-May-16 10:56:09

Oops I just saw a accidentally wrote 'lain' instead of 'pain'!! Hope that doesn't put anybody off from contributing to the thread!! X

Livvygator Fri 27-May-16 17:44:13

Update!!!

Went and had vaginal scan. All ok inside. It has been decided that it is muscular/ligament pain....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now