Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone hazard a diagnosis? Wide and weird range of low level symptoms, feeling pretty rubbish.

(6 Posts)
WAMS Tue 24-May-16 09:12:53

I keep waiting for this to pass, but it's been about 6 weeks now. I have occasional balance issues with a spot of dizziness. I feel really weak and wibbly, like someone has sucked my bones out of my body. I tried to mow the lawn yesterday and had to stop and sit down every 10 minutes or so to recover. This is normal for any kind of exertion now, I have no energy whatsoever. My vision feels a bit odd now and then too, like it's not quite keeping up with my eye movements IYKWIM.

I had a nasty cold a month or so back, I suffer from hayfever, and have a history of low ferritin which I'm currently getting checked out again. Anything else I could get investigated? Fed up of feeling so rubbish when the weather is so nice, just want to get out and enjoy but can't find the energy sad

FrayedHem Tue 24-May-16 10:29:16

I went to the GP because i was feeling ridiculously weak, particularly my arms, bloods came back with Vitamin D deficiency. I was prescribed a 6 month course of Vitamin D as the GP said my level was pretty low (16).

Have you told GP about the dizziness and balance?.

Addled Tue 24-May-16 18:56:20

I feel like that when I'm anaemic, perhaps you need to get iron levels checked again.

colouringinagain Thu 26-May-16 21:35:00

Sounds like anaemia to me too - get haem and ferritin levels checked and you're you feel better soon

AttilaTheMeerkat Fri 27-May-16 07:42:53

Think you could do with having some blood tests done to see if a thyroid gland imbalance is the root cause of your symptoms. The low ferritin, balance problems and problems with vision can all be potentially linked to the thyroid gland.

spookyelectric Fri 27-May-16 16:58:53

Agree - Ferritin levels could also question magnesium levels

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now