Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Irregular Periods

(3 Posts)
E17CatLady Sun 22-May-16 12:12:17

Hiya, I'm not sure who to ask about this, so I thought I'd try here! I'm on the pill Cerelle (so an all the time, no break pill) and my periods are really stressing me out! Basically I don't have anything for about 3 months, then I have a tiny, really light period for about 3 days, then a week or so later another slightly heavier one, then nothing for another 3 months. Is this normal? I know I should probably see my doctor, but it's hard to get to, almost impossible to get an appointment and I'm kind of made to feel like a burden if I contact them, I think because they're so busy. But I am quite worried. Any ideas much appreciated smile xx

AttilaTheMeerkat Sun 22-May-16 15:53:56

If your GP surgery is like that I would seriously consider registering with another practice. You should not feel like you are a burden by contacting them.

A normal cycle is a cycle length of between 21 and 35 days or with less than 4 days of variation from month to month.

Have your periods always been this irregular?.

I would go and see a GP because bleeding between periods should always be investigated further to ascertain the cause. Its often not serious but it should be checked out.

Irregular periods are often indicative of hormonal imbalances, in this respect a common culprit is a condition called polycystic ovaries. Another possible cause is problems with the thyroid gland.

lljkk Sun 22-May-16 17:57:50

If you have no breaks from active-ingredients pill (why?) then very infrequent & light periods is exactly what I'd expect.

If there is a placebo pill for 7 days (American style) then you may still have erratic periods, but best if GP reviews with you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now