Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

6 week wait scan on lump - what would you do?

(3 Posts)
Blossom4538 Thu 19-May-16 22:43:43

I have a large lump on the inside elbow crease and have been referred for a scan - which is in 6 weeks time. In quite worried and have stupidly been looking at Google! I'm considering paying for private scan as don't want to spend next 6 weeks worrying. Am I being silly? What would you do?

nosireebob Thu 19-May-16 22:46:25

If you an afford it, I'd definitely go private and save myself weeks of worrying.

Good luck it's nothing sinister

Blossom4538 Fri 20-May-16 21:03:24

My Dad is saying I should phone and tell them it's very painful and ask for it to be sooner. I don't think they'll be able to give me a sooner slot really. Been quoted £190 so far for ultrasound but only one company has replied and I have emailed three. Has anyone ever had a torn bicep tendon - this is best case scenario although I'd imagine that would be painful. I haven't experienced much pain. I shouldn't have googled!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now