Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is it piles?

(16 Posts)
LittleElephant123 Wed 18-May-16 22:10:51

So this is tmi I know but I'm just confused and paranoid about it now.

I had my little one 18 weeks ago via emcs. She weighed 9lbs6 so was a chunky monkey. About 2 weeks before she was born when I wiped my bottom I noticed there was something dangling down outside. So I did the usual and Googled it.

It said it was piles and is common etc. They would go away on their own. 18 weeks later it's still there but everything I've read about piles says it's sore and they bleed. This isn't sore, doesn't bleed, isn't itchy or uncomfortable.

I don't have a clue what it is and don't want to waste GP time if it's something I can fix without having to visit . . . .

Shadow1986 Wed 18-May-16 22:14:46

I have the same, but I'm 4 years on and have pretty much just avoided the issue until now...3 weeks before my due date for my next baby! The thought of someone seeing down below has finally made me think 'why have I left it until now!!'

I really would just book an appointment with your GP for advice. Don't suffer in silence.

MrsEricBana Thu 19-May-16 13:25:28

Could be piles or perhaps a small prolapse. Definitely just go to GP as they'll put your mind at rest. They've seen it all so this will be nothing, don't worry :-)

LittleElephant123 Thu 19-May-16 14:07:29

Thank you ladies! I've made an appointment for next week. It's silly being embarrassed I mean there is nothing dignified about giving birth this is nothing compared to that lol.

Good luck Shadow when the time comes

MrsEricBana Thu 19-May-16 15:13:56

Oh well done! The doctor will examine you in a dignified manner as they will guess it's not your ideal way to spend ten minutes.

sonlypuppyfat Thu 19-May-16 15:17:02

Piles when they go down can leave skin tag type things, you can have them banded etc, but they can come back. They are very very common

Shadow1986 Thu 19-May-16 15:54:00

I think mine are skin tags left by piles...when I've had this next baby and everything has gone back to normal I think I need to book an appointment to have them banded. Oh the joys!
Well done for booking your appointment.

sonlypuppyfat Thu 19-May-16 16:20:36

Banding pah they come back

Shadow1986 Thu 19-May-16 16:23:36

Do they sonlypuppyfat? Is that talking from experience? Well either way I think I'll aim to get some advice after this next baby as its so annoying!

LittleElephant123 Thu 19-May-16 16:48:02

I'm so aware that their there it's more embarrassing than anything else.

Oh no! Please tell me they don't come back? Does the GP band them or do you get referred to a clinic?

sonlypuppyfat Thu 19-May-16 17:02:51

I had them banded in the hospital and yes they came back sad

Shadow1986 Thu 19-May-16 17:18:00

Oh that's not good :-(

LittleElephant123 Thu 19-May-16 17:22:52

That is not good at all. Let's hope whatever It is I have can be treated with tablets and a cream to take them away! Being pregnant leaves a lot to be desired. But I wouldn't change anything for my little girl!

sonlypuppyfat Thu 19-May-16 17:41:05

I think what you have to do with piles is make sure you never get constipated

LittleElephant123 Thu 19-May-16 18:01:01

I wasn't and haven't been. I put it down to my girl being such a chunk when I was pregnant. And then they gave me lactose when I got out of hospital after section and everything's been fine since. They just don't go away.

I'll leave my dignity at the door (again) and get it sorted hopefully

sonlypuppyfat Thu 19-May-16 18:27:23

I hope you get sorted, piles are the worst misery I've ever had. You have my full sympathy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now